NOTE: Graduates of the 200 hr training and the 300 hr training are eligible to register with the Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 level. (200 hr is a pre-requisite of the 300 hour training)
YOGA LOKA UNIVERSITY
Reno's Premiere Advanced Yoga Study & Teacher Trainings
We have always been passionate about learning at Yoga Loka! We are excited about exemplar classic and new opportunities to grow your practice and teaching: we now offer three fantastic teacher training programs! Together our long established and renowned 200 hour program, our exciting new advanced teacher 300 hour program and our first-in-Northern-Nevada Prenatal teacher program are Yoga Loka University. All three programs are registered with the Yoga Alliance and adhere to YA's rigorous guidelines for Registered Yoga Schools.
SHAKTI MAMA PRENATAL YOGA
Yoga practice is a fantastic way to stay strong, flexible and active during pregnancy and provides numerous benefits during pregnancy and beyond. It is designed to nourish mama and baby, to build community and provide support for participants, and to give a woman tools for birth. Through this teacher training program, you will gain the knowledge and skill to safely welcome pregnant students to your classes and to lead safe, effective dedicated prenatal yoga practice. We will cover the changing needs of mamas to be through all stages of pregnancy, discuss the do’s and don’ts of practicing while pregnant, help mama and baby stay safe in class, and learn the value of prenatal yoga practice.
- Physical and structural changes through the course of pregnancy
- Specific concerns and needs of the prenatal student
- Common discomforts during pregnancy and relief measures
- Beneficial asana, meditation and pranayama for pregnancy
- Modifying practice during pregnancy
- Safe, effective and appropriate vocal cuing and touch
- How to sequence and teach a complete prenatal practice
- Using affirmations, mudras and meditation
- History and philosophy of yoga related to prenatal practice
- Importance and implementation of post-natal practice
- Psychology and psychological challenges of pregnancy and motherhood
- Creating a supportive group dynamic
- Finding your authentic voice as a teacher
The Shakti Mama prenatal yoga teacher training program is registered with the Yoga Alliance and COMPRISES 85 HOURS of instruction over 5 WEEKEND WORKSHOPS and 6 MONDAY EVENING MEETINGS from MAY 1through JUNE 12.
Upon completion of the program and requisite practice teaching hours, participants holding RYT200 or higher designation are eligible to apply for RPYT designation with the Yoga Alliance. 500 hour Teacher Training Credit through Yoga Loka’s RYS300 is also available for completing this training. (The hours can be applied to EITHER the RYT500 or the RPYT status but not both)
Training Dates and Location - Yoga Loka (YL) or the Nuturing Nest (NN):
Saturdays and Sundays, 12:30 - 6 pm
April 29-30 (YL)
May 6-7 (NN)
May 20-21 (YL)
June 3-4 (YL)
June 17-18 (YL)
Monday Evenings 5:30-8:45 p.m. May 1, 8, 15, 22, June 4, 11 (all at NN)
Independent study project (10 non-contact hours)
Payment options available.
|$1370 paid on or before April 1, 2017|
|$1550 paid after April 1, 2017|